Study Flow・Course Content
Building the base of engineers who can play an active part in society through various experiments, exercises, and practice.
- Participate in small-group seminars from the first year and thoroughly solidify your knowledge base
- Small-group seminars are offered from year one, with the instructor carefully guiding you on fundamental thinking in specialized areas, on undertaking experiments and practice, on handling experimental and measuring instruments, and more.
- Select the course that suits your desired future and toward more specialized study
- Keeping in mind the type of occupation that you hope to be involved with in the future, in year two you will select a course* that enables more selective study in a more specialized field. The chance to be involved in experiments and practice also increases during this year through various seminars.
- Participate in experiments and practice almost every day, and transform your wisdom to be able to use the knowledge you obtain
- The opportunity for experiments and practice will increase even further in your third year, the content of study becomes even more advanced, and more in-depth learning is accomplished. The aim is at a deeper understanding of the knowledge that you have learned to this point as theory.
- Develop even further through graduate research and polish your ability to be useful in the real world
- In the fourth year, you will select a theme for your graduation research based on the expertise that you have studied to that point. Forge an aptitude for making presentations and refine your skills toward having an active role in your chosen specialty field.
- Architectural Design
- Learning to think about comfort and beauty from all angles and developing design skills
- This course aims at fostering design engineers, such as architects or interior designers. You will study how to plan, design and renovate various buildings, including private residences, and also devote your energy to researching the latest examples of urban and town planning.
- Architectural Engineering
- Studying the special features and differences of each type of building construction and considering such issues as residential earthquake-resistance
- This course aims to develop building construction management engineers or design engineers for air-conditioning, lighting, and structures as a whole. Here, you will learn structural theory and the construction methods for wooden, reinforced concrete, and steel-frame structures. You will also tackle research into areas such as structural design in order to investigate a building's earthquake resistance.
- Comprehensive Architecture
- Understanding construction in various fields in JABEE-certified curriculum
- This course offers a good balance in study of all the domains related to construction, like planning, design, environment, structure, and actual building, in an aim at nurturing architectural engineers who are well rounded in all fields. Construction is looked at from various points of view, practice is repeated, and an ability to present comprehensive proposals is cultivated.