Study Flow・Course Content
Building the base of engineers who can play an active part in society through various experiments, exercises, and practice.
- Participate in small-group seminars from the first year and thoroughly solidify your knowledge base
- Small-group seminars are offered from year one, with the instructor carefully guiding you on fundamental thinking in specialized areas, on undertaking experiments and practice, on handling experimental and measuring instruments, and more.
- Select the course that suits your desired future and toward more specialized study
- Keeping in mind the type of occupation that you hope to be involved with in the future, in year two you will select a course* that enables more selective study in a more specialized field. The chance to be involved in experiments and practice also increases during this year through various seminars.
- Participate in experiments and practice almost every day, and transform your wisdom to be able to use the knowledge you obtain
- The opportunity for experiments and practice will increase even further in your third year, the content of study becomes even more advanced, and more in-depth learning is accomplished. The aim is at a deeper understanding of the knowledge that you have learned to this point as theory.
- Develop even further through graduate research and polish your ability to be useful in the real world
- In the fourth year, you will select a theme for your graduation research based on the expertise that you have studied to that point. Forge an aptitude for making presentations and refine your skills toward having an active role in your chosen specialty field.
- Construction Course
- Developing the skills for designing and maintaining the various structures that support urban functions
- The goal is to become an engineer who can play an active, on-site role in urban construction such as in the general construction industry. You will gain a wide range of practical ability and expertise, from design to construction management and maintenance management, in regard to the various structures in cities, such as bridges, roads, and disaster prevention facilities.
- Environment and Planning Course
- Concentrating on cities in which people can live comfortably and investigating methods of coexistence with Nature
- The aim of this course is for students to become engineers who can take the lead in urban development that is considerate to both people and Nature. You will take into consideration various aspects, from familiar environments like streets, parks, and watersides to the overall global environment, and study the technology and the specifics of planning, outfitting and managing a 21st-century environmental city.
- Civil and Environmental Course
- Offering the comprehensive study of urban construction and environmental planning with JABEE-certified curriculum
- The ability to design and manage the tangible "structures" that function as the urban infrastructure. The ability in the intangible "environment planning" for creating cities that are kind to both people and Nature. Through both comprehensive study and repeating practice, you will foster the ability to be a positive influence in city planning.